Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oglebay




I am at Ogelbay for our member conference. This will be my last getaway with my co-workers and the members. I arrived on Tuesday night and will leave tomorrow and head for Erie. My room is beautiful complete with a gas fireplace and a nice deck. The king size bed is super comfortable althought not quite as comfortable as the B&Bs we stayed in recently.

I have eaten way too much of the wonderful food and drank more than I had intended. I had good intentions of foregoing dessert tonight until I saw those eclairs. We had a loud band this evening so I stayed and partied for awhile.

I did have some precious moments this afternoon to just sit on my deck and read and do a little writing. I would enjoy it so much more if I could spend a whole day doing just that and swimming in the outdoor pool. I will need to treat myself to a retreat in the near future.

I don't think I will miss these work getaways. The accomodations are always great but I don't get to enjoy them much because of all the meetings etc.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Lovely pictures Pam - Lovely comments as well. Nice thing about the river - it doesn't take us to the wrong spot :))