Monday, August 20, 2007

Heading up the Coonskin Trail


We live on the Elk River. We moved here in May 2006, so I have seen all the seasons of the river.
Yesterday I floated down the river in my tube, as I have done many times this summer.

The head of the Coonskin Trail is about 60 yards from my front door. The trail is about a mile walk along the river to Coonskin Park. There is a spot about half way up where you can easily get down to the river. There are some big rocks on the bank which make a great spot to just sit and watch the river, the Canada Geese and the Blue Herrons. It is also the place where I launch my tube. I feel so incredibly lucky to be living here where I am so close to these wonders of nature.

Jerry walked up the trail with me so he could take some pictures of me in the water. The pictures will be fun to look at this winter as I anticipate summer coming again.

No comments: