Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring at the Capitol



April 10, 2009


Jerry and I went bike riding last night around the Capitol complex. We got some pretty shots of the flowers and the dome.









It was a beautiful evening. I wore a sweatshirt and it was perfect. Lots of legislators cars parked all around the place. I guess they work late as this session winds down in its final days.



















This picture below is across the street from the front of the rotunda. Behind Jerry is the Kanawha River.



After riding around the capitol grounds, we went to one of our favorite eating places, Delish Express. They have the best pannini sandwiches I have ever put my lips around. I had a chicken with lots of good veggies and cheese all drizzled with a chipolte mayo that is a tad spicy but adds just the right zing. After our Entertainment Book coupon its about $9 for the two of us. This is the life of living on a budget since one of us is an ol' retired person. We are typically the only two people in the place--us and the two guys working who now recognize us when we walk in and remember what we had the last time.


Last night we ate outside on their deck. It's right on Washington Street so there is traffic going by but the best sight is the dog park across the street.


I am always amazed at how the dogs play together so well. They are racing to catch balls thrown by one of the owners. Never any fighting, just good fun. I think the city dogs have more fun than the country dogs.

No comments: